Wednesday 17 July 2013

"A Little Insight Into "The Devil's In My Pocket" - New CD by Brad Curtis & The SOME x 6 Band

As you may or may not know, my new album "The Devil's In My Pocket" is coming out September 7th 2013. This album will feature 7 new previously unreleased songs .

This past year has been quite an eventful year and at times a very difficult year for me personally. My father figure "Larry" passed away from Cancer which was very difficult for me. Also, I was challenged by some very difficult situations in my personal life.

The album " The Devil Is in My Pocket " is  a reflection of these difficult times. First of all though, let me explain the title. It has no religious implications at all. If you are of my vintage, you most likely remember "Bugs Bunny" cartoons and the little devil Bugs Bunny on one shoulder and the little angel Bugs Bunny on the other shoulder. Each little Bugs Bunny telling Bugs what to do . Well, my devil is not on my shoulder but in my pocket. A little "tongue in cheek" humor.

In real life we are all faced with change and sometimes the change or situation is not so good. The album tries to deal with this issue and how you react to these situations is key. We all have the ability to choose how we react. So when life's challenges come at us like " Hurricane Winds" how we choose to react or not react is critical in how we are affected. The Devil is on one shoulder telling you do one thing while your angel is on the other shoulder telling you to do another. For me , the Devil's in My Pocket !!

No comments:

Post a Comment